Students that have No Grades can recover their credits by attending Attendance School. Sessions for attendance school begin about the 3rd week of school and run through the end of the school year. The regular schedule is:
- Tuesdays 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Thursdays 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Fridays 7:00 am – 8:30 am
- Saturdays 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Changes to the regular schedule are posted outside the Attendance Office and are announced to students with morning announcements.
- To sign up for Attendance School students must purchase tickets from the Main Office. Tickets are sold as Absent Cards- 1 hour or Tardy Cards -½ hour. (See Attendance Codes & No Grade for more details.)
Attendance School Ticket Prices:
|Code||Cost||Time to Make Up|
|A (Unexcused Absence)||$3.00||1 Hour|
|U (Unexcused check in)||$3.00||1 Hour|
|Z (Truant)||$3.00||1 Hour|
|W (Way late Tardy, more than 10 min)||$2.00||½ Hour|
|T (Tardy) Allowed 2 per class per quarter||$2.00||½ Hour|
- Student fills out the ticket with Name, Student Number and Date and Class period they are making up. If date and period are not specified, the credit will be applied to any of the NG’s the student may have.
- The student then puts the ticket in the Attendance School Box for the date they would like to attend. This box is located out front of the Attendance Office. Tickets must be submitted by 1:00 pm on the day of the class for Tuesday and Thursday sessions; by end of the school Thursday for Friday morning sessions and by the end of the school day on Friday for the Saturday morning sessions.
- Class rosters are posted on the window outside the Attendance Office by the end of the school day for each session. Teacher and class rooms are assigned; students must attend the assigned session to receive credit.
- Students must be on time to Attendance School, planning to arrive a few minutes early is a good idea. Teachers will close and lock their doors and students will not be admitted late. Tickets are forfeited for sessions signed up for and not attended.
- When a student’s time is served the teacher will give them a printed receipt for their attendance, this is the students verification that they attended. Students must be there at the beginning of each session but can leave when their time is complete. (i.e. if only a Tardy is being made up, the student can leave after their 30 minutes is complete.)
The teacher will submit a roll verifying each student’s participation to the Attendance Office. It usually takes 2-3 days for the updates to show in Skyward. If after this time your student does not see their attendance updated they may come to the Attendance Office for further follow up.
- There are no electronics allowed during Attendance School. Students are expected to bring a book or homework to work on. If students do not comply they may be asked to leave the session and will have to pay to sign up again.
- NG’s should be made up in the quarter they are received. Make up is allowed one quarter past but the time and fees are doubled. Please do not wait until the end of the quarter to start making up NG’s; there is plenty of time and sessions if students do not procrastinate!