Excusing an Absence
When a student misses school parents/guardians should contact the attendance office at 801-256-5810 to excuse the absence. This can be done prior to the absence, on the day of the absence or within 5 school days.
If the student absence is due to a medical appointment or has been under a doctor’s care a medical note may be submitted for excusal. The doctor’s note must:
- Be an original note from a doctor’s office
- Include the date(s) (Beginning and Ending)
- Students full name
- Doctors full name and contact information
- Must be submitted within 5 school days (All Doctor Notes must be submitted within the grading period of the absence, once a grade has been posted a Doctor Note will not be applied.)
If the student is missing school for a pre-planned absence Jordan School District allows students to make application to an administrator to miss up to ten school days of each year for prior-approved education/vacation release. Students are still responsible to complete class assignments. The days may be applied for individual or multiple days up to ten per year.
- Forms are available in the attendance office and must be signed by parent, teachers and administrator and then returned to the attendance office prior to student leaving on vacation.
- Students may take no more than ten prior-approved education/vacation release absences per year.