Previously in the Jordan School District
New Student Previously in District Registration for 2017-2018
Prior to enrolling at Riverton High School, visit Jordan School District Planning & Student Services to answer questions regarding:
· Boundary Locator
Find school boundaries, maps and bus stop locations.
· Immunization Requirements
Outlines the immunization requirements for students in Jordan School District.
· School Fees
A general breakdown of fees that elementary, middle, and high school students may pay.
· School Choice/Open Enrollment
A program that allows families to choose which schools their students will attend.
· Graduation Requirements
Identifies the minimum courses and credits needed for a student to graduate from high school.
Ø If your student previously attended Jordan District:
1. Open Enrollment Application (Permit) if you do not live in Riverton High School boundaries. This must be approved prior to enrollment. If you live in Riverton High School boundaries, move to step 2.
2. Print and complete the New Student Pre-Enrollment Form.
3. Please call 801-256-5830 to schedule a new student appointment on or after August 1, 2017. New student appointments will be held August 7 – 9, 2017. (Plan on at least an hour to complete the full process.)
4. Bring Enrollment Form and the following documentation to your scheduled appointment:
a. Unofficial Transcript or Report Card—Obtain from previous school.
b. Proof of residency – (2 forms) Examples you can bring include: Mortgage statement or Lease Agreement, utility statement, payroll stub, bank or credit card statement. If you receive all your bills electronically, go to your online account(s) and download copies of your bills.
c. Picture Identification of legal guardian. If the child will not be living with a legal guardian, a special permit from Planning and Student Services is required. Please call us at 801-567-8183 OR 801-567-8259 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST).
d. Original Birth Certificate (We will make a copy)
e. Immunization Records – Vaccinations your student MUST have received:
1. 5 DTap, DTP, DT
2. 1 Tdap (TD Booster)
3. 4 Polio
4. 2 MMR
5. 3 Hepatitis B
6. 2 Hepatitis A (if born after July 1, 1996)
7. 1 Varicella (Chickenpox) (If 13 or older when the 1st dose was administered then two doses will be required)
If any items are missing we will reschedule the appointment.
At the New Student appointment we will verify that the online registration is complete and all documents are received. You will pay registration fees, receive a student and parent Skyward Family Access login and password, and you will meet with your student’s counselor to build a class schedule.